06 June 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

So it's been forever since I've done one of these, but I feel like I need to, more for my own sake. I feel much better since I've been getting back to all of this stuff. I also have a few other things I needed to share :)


So 5 things I'm absolutely loving lately:


{my brand new brooks glycerin 10}

{target bathing suit. soo comfy! it's like jersey material} 


{not wearing real clothes, but only soffe shorts everyday}


{dunkin iced coffee w/cream & sugar}
{seriously if you don't have a dunkin where you live, add it to your list of things to do} 


{neon pink polish with glitter - i might have a slight obsession w/neon lately}

Anyone else panic after summer is over and you can't live in yoga pants and comfy clothes anymore? I actually don't even know the last time I put a pair of jeans on. Yea, for me jeans are even considered dressing up! Especially in summer!!

In other news, I had some questions about how I hang my monthly projects from the ceiling. If you don't want to spend any money, you can always use paper clips and string, or fishing line. I prefer the fishing line because you don't see it very much. I prefer these:


They are ubber easy to attach to the ceiling. I'm pretty sure there's a tool you can buy too that will help you so you don't have to stand on desks to get them on and off (some of us just force our younger bother's to do this). I actually started taking the strings off some of them this year and putting fishing line on instead, but I haven't been motivated enough to do it to all of them. It's nice because you can wind the string around like it is in the picture. That way you don't have to play the game of how long should I cut the string. There are also some clips you slide on the one side of the black part, they work too, but you have to put your own strings. 

I'm probably going back to DOT Binders this year (versus STRIPE binders like last year). I used to have candy on the old DOT binders I did a few years back, but I wasn't digging that this time. I couldn't really find any graphics I liked, but I did find some cute super heroes. Aside from the dots, they don't have bright clothes so it won't go perfectly with the theme, but I still like them.


I dunno? Too simple? I'm just kind of starting to play around with things. I really like those stinkin' super heroes though!! So cute!! Well, off to soak up some sun? If those stinkin' clouds would go away!!

8 comments:

4321Teach said...

Summer is totally casual for me too. Each day is athletic shorts, a swimsuit, and a t-shirt, with flip flops of course. Jeans are for "going out" at night. Forget about dress pants!

EmilyK

Christie said...

Emily - I even avoid jeans on nights out at all costs lol! Too much confinement! I panic when it's time to go back to school and dress like a real person ;-)

Lisa R. said...

Thanks for sharing how you hang things from the ceiling. That sounds like a really good idea & I'm going to look into that!

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Love the swimsuit! I need a new one!
I am your newest follower! Come visit my blog at www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Jessica Heeren said...

Okay...why I am just now finding your blog!? I love the bright colors and that you use shoe boxes, like me, to save money on book bins. :) Thanks for the cute freebies!

Jessica
Mrs. Heeren's Happenings

lisa jones said...

Can i ask you HOW you work your BUCKET FILLER bulletin board? I am going to start this in September and am looking for the best way to fit it into my classroom. I saw your "pocket holder" and the pompoms. How do you award the pompoms? I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you,

Lisa
ljjredbutterfly@yahoo.com

Mrs. Silva said...

Did you create the DOT binder with the superheros? My classroom theme is superheros and that would be perfect! Please let me know asap!! Thanks!!

a melhor parte de mim said...

Thanks for a great read