05 June 2012

2012-2013 Theme & Monthly Projects

Omiword... I cannot believe I still have some followers out there in the world! I honestly was completely blown away when I logged on and saw so many comments about coming back! I cannot say thank you enough!! Plus on top of it, I really thought I'd run into angry people on Teacher's Notebook, but I've gotten nothing but positive and supportive messages back. I definitely didn't expect that, so thanks to everyone that follows me and supports me on there!! :) As much as I loved Zebra last year, after about half of the year I wanted to vomit up zebra, so I'm given it a break this year.

I'm going to be in a brand new room, so that means organizing everything in a completely new way. I should have taken pictures of my new room before I left, just because I can't think in my head about how many bulletin boards, white boards, etc. that I have. I thought I'd share that I think I'm going to still go with black and white, with bright colors (green, pink, yellow, blue). I think it'll be calming to have a lot of basic black stuff, but then the bright colors will hopefully make things pop.

I think I was inspired by this:


It's the BW Collection by Creative Teaching Press. Honestly if you've never been on their website, you must go. Like now. Click that link up there, get to shopping!! I've been nothing but obsessed since before I was even done with college. They have so much stuff now. This is the newest collection and as soon as I saw the first picture of it I loved it! I think I can still keep a good majority of the things I have now, but I'll just get rid of some of the zebra stuff, plus I'll have to remake a lot of the stuff I've already made. I'm going to focus mostly on that polka dot pattern.... the one on the pennant border at the top in the middle. I love dots, and they don't get old!! :)

I had a request for some Chevron stuff, which I think is awesome, so I'll make sure I'm adding that into my sets as well as still making zebra and any other patterns/themes everyone likes!! If you have a suggestion or request be sure to let me know :)

I know I've posted some of these before, but I wanted to group them together so everyone could see them all in the same post. Each month(ish) I'd have the kids do a project to decorate the room. There's barely enough time for everything that goes on in our day, but I feel like kids still need to be kids and need to know about to be somewhat crafty. So we make time for these:

{december/january - 3d snowflakes}



{feb - 3d valentine balls}



{march - 3d st. patricks day shamrocks}



{april/may - 3d dragonflies}






Hopefully that inspires someone! Especially if you're not really motivated to decorate. It adds an awesome touch to the classroom and it's a great way for the kids to feel like they have decorated the classroom!!

9 comments:

Tara said...

I LOVE that b/w stuff! I already ordered and got mine a few weeks ago because I was afraid it would be sold out. I did alot of b/w with pink and green last year so my new will go with last years new:) Love the gray too!! All those pics of your classroom are awesome:) I'm actually going to start this year off with those bright tissue paper pom pom balls until the kiddos get something made:))

4th Grade Frolics

Christie said...

Tara - That's exactly what I was thinking! I can keep the green and pink, but still change it up! I also keep up the paper lanterns so that way there's always something hanging from the ceiling!! :)

Tara said...

Be careful...lol...the b/w thing is addicting!!! Check my blog...I have hit 2 spots and stocked up on b/w bins, pouches, notecards......oh my:))

4th Grade Frolics

Lisa R. said...

I love your monthly 3D shapes!! I think it really adds some pizazz to the classroom!! :)

Lisa
Learning Is Something to Treasure

Cassandra said...

So this may sound silly, but how do you hang things from the ceiling? I would love to do something like this but have yet to figure that part out yet. lol.

Adventures from room 5

Christie said...

Thanks everyone! Hopefully it inspires some ideas!

Cassandra - You can do it cheaply with paper clips and string, or I use fishing line because you can't see it. Or if you want to spend a bit you can easily buy clips from any teacher's store. I love them! I'll find some tomorrow and post about it :)

Anonymous said...

This is one of my most favorite blogs! I am glad you are back.

Susie Q said...

Where did you get your zebra striped rug. I simply must get one. Love it!!


Learning With Susie Q

susieqsclass@gmail.com

Christie said...

It would either have been from Meijer or Target last year :) I had a few different ones.